Think
Before you began this course, what arrangements did you make (or still do) to try and ensure that you could do any work you wanted to do during the day?
Actually, nothing special. But I could find information on the Internet with much time. I just tried to make much time and did my best within the time frame.
Explore
notes: Many users like a compact browser and good-looking one(They like black background with light letters) .We can listen music by just clicking an icon without opening i tunes.There are many unique icons, themes and add-ons.
Explain
1. What are the main skills needed to use your PLE?
What I have to do to use my PLE is to click. I can use it without any special skills. However, in order to develop my browser, I need English reading skill because many add-ons are still offered only in English. All explanation of them are written in English, so I used English reading skill. After developing, I just use skill to click!
2.What are the affordances of my PLE(what does it make possible, what does it impede)?
By Research Word, I can easily find definitions of any term on the page. The definitions are from Wikipedia, Google or online dictionaries. Also I can search the word in You tube, Amazon or Google Image(and News). With Cooliris Previews, I can see the next page forehand without clicking the link. This also contribute to my comfortable PC time. Zotero is really useful one especially in the case of researching. It enables me of efficient online(or even offline) research.
Though I like all of these add-ons, I may say that too many add-ons bother me.There are many add-ons and many of them have nice functions. However, the number is too big to find best one for me.
3.How can your PLE be used to network professionally and connect you (& other students) to learning resources?
In my PLE, I can get definitions which made by ordinary and certain number of people. It means the definition is very close to the common recognition or perception. In the field of learning, it is important to see how ordinary people understand the word. At this point, definition search helps me. Also it helps me with finding different kind of information. Nowadays, we can get precious knowledge or experience through videos or images. PLE enables me of touching these kinds of information sources. As I mentioned above, PLE provide me with functions to work efficitntly. It is also a help for learning.
4.What learned skills and understandings may promote you development as an effective learner in the digital age?
I learned that, by developing confortable PLE, it is possible to get target information with less time and less trouble. This will help me with my learning especially in terms of getting information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Again, a very thoughtful post Yukari. "I just tried to make much time and did my best within the time frame", this point would really resonate with a lot of students I believe. I hope you will continue to learn and use Zotero, it can be a very productive research tool. "By developing confortable PLE, it is possible to get target information with less time and less trouble", I am really interested to learn your reaction to RSS and Google Reader, as this technology connects to your point very directly. Grade: A
Post a Comment